Toe problems

I need a bit of direction and I'm not sure which type of doctor to see.

For the past two days, my feet have been sore (mostly the balls of my feet and my big toes...they felt as if blisters were forming). The day before this started, I was washing out the garage and yard for about an hour barefooted, then went shopping for quite sometime in ill-fitting tennis shoes with no socks on -- so this is why I figured blisters were forming.

This morning I discovered red bumps under the skin -- mostly on my big toes, but a few on the tips of the other toes and a few near the ball of my foot near the big toe. They seem like blisters far beneath the skin and my feet are somewhat tingly and my toes are a bit on the numb side.

I'm not sure if this is just a one time thing due to my overactivity the other day, or if it's symptomatic of something bigger, like diabetes, so I don't know if I should see a podiatrist or a general practioner.
thank you

Posted By Dee on March 29, 2003 at 23:40:45:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The podiatrist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The podiatrist ] [ Disclaimer ]