Question about surgery for a Jones fracture

I sustained a Jones fracture in mid-March. When I went back for x-rays at week 6 the doctore said he did not see any healing. He gave me a bone stimulator to wear 3 hours/day and told me to come back in 4 weeks, and that if he still did not see any healing he would recommend surgery.


I understand that surgery for a Jones fracture involves inserting a screw through the bones. Are there any other surgical options other than inserting a screw?

Also, is a Doctor of Pediatric Medicine (in general) as qualified, or more qualified, than a foot/ankle surgeon (MD) to perform this procedure?



Posted By DM on May 06, 2007 at 11:41:26:

Lined with soft fabric on both sides, this ~2mm thick SiliposŪ proprietary gel pad is an excellent cushion to help relieve the burning sensation and discomfort of the five metatarsal heads of the foot (the ball-of-foot) by protecting the ball of foot from repeated friction and abrasion with the shoes.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup

Note: Information posted is available to the general public.
Not all questions are answered. This is a public forum.



[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]