Re: Severe shin splints!

Shin splints can be a generic term for many things that happen in the foot and leg. A stress fracture of the tibia, a tearing of one of the muscles that originate on the tibia, not enough shock absorption when the foot hits the ground, even (although unlikely) a condition called compartment syndrome might be the problem.

If you are wearing good shoes with shock absorption and even compression hose and still are having the problem, I suggest you see an orthopedist or podiatrist. A MRI or x-ray may be indicated.

Posted By Vivian Abrams DPM on April 14, 2006 at 20:14:49:

In Reply to: Severe shin splints! posted by alan louw on April 14, 2006 at 17:00:17:

Orthopedic catalog of braces and supports for the knee, ankle, wrist, elbow, back, foot, and shoulder. Products by Bauerfeind, Active Ankle, Tulis, Slipos, Bioskin, and more.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]