I've been to the podiatrist and orthopedic surgeon and really need some help..

This problem has been going on all my life. I am a 28 year old male. I have had more than a hundred ankle injuries, as well as other ones resulting from falling after a twisted ankle. My problem is that the arch in my feet is VERY high and my ankles very unstable. I can't wear anything but high top basketball sneakers. I have been wearing custom made orthodics (from my podiatrist) for years, which has cut down (Ive sprained my ankle maybe 2 times but had many close calls) on the number of sprains but I still can't wear other shoes with my ankles being very unstable. I also still can't run hard because my ankles are wobbly. This has led to shin pain and knee pain when I run. This is very inconvenient since I regularly play sports. Is there anything I can do for this? If yes, how successful/risky is it? Thanks.

Posted By Steve on August 28, 2003 at 21:05:39:


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]