Re: Orthotics

I believe your doctor meant orthotics. The lay person might refer to these as arch supports. There are countless number of different orthotics. Many medical professionals can make these as well as there are over the counter pre-fabricated ones. As a podiatrist, I feel that a biomechanical evaluation is necessary before deciding what type of orthtoic would be indicated.

I recommend you see a podiatrist.

Posted By Vivian Abrams DPM on November 07, 2004 at 13:31:29:

In Reply to: Oesthetic posted by Keren on November 07, 2004 at 04:39:19:

The Shin Splint Compression Wrap applies gentle pressure on soft tissue next to the tibia (shin bone), helping prevent additional tearing of the soft tissue away from the tibia. Compression not only reduces additional damage, it alleviates pain and enhances the healing process.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]