Re: what's the difference?

A chiropodist (at least in the US) is the predecessor of podiatrists. Those individuals arose out of a real need for conservative treatment of foot problems, which were grossly overlooked by general medicine and orthopedics at the time. They trimmed corns, calluses, nails, made pads and arch supports among many other conservative treatments. As time went on some forward thinking pioneers thought about ways to improve what they were doing and learned to do small surgical procedures. This grew and others wanted to do more involved and in depth medical and surgical treatments. This was the beginning of the switch to becoming podiatry. To my knowledge there are no practising chiropodists in the US. I can not say what this is in other countries.

Posted By Vivian Abrams DPM on January 20, 2005 at 23:21:33:

In Reply to: what's the difference? posted by Britt on January 20, 2005 at 19:49:41:

A layer of gel combined with a foot cover to help protect metatarsals and toes from friction and pressure. It also ideal for cushioning the ball of foot and provides warmth for people suffering from arthritis or poor circulation to the toes.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]