Re: Constant pain with calcaneus fracture

Pain is a very difficult and subjective thing to treat. There is no one right answer to this difficult situation. It actually might take a team effort. One scenario might involve seeing a pain mangement specialist. There are many things that can be tried to help him such as a dorsal column stimulator, implantable pump, Galvanic stimulator or TENS unit.

A podiatrist could make him an AFO such as a Richie type brace. This would help support and lock the foot and ankle. Langer Labs also makes a CRO walker which is used to off load weight off the foot.

I can't say which is the first or second thing to do, as I can not fully assess the situation.
Ihope some or all of this helps. Good luck.

Posted By Vivian Abrams DPM on January 27, 2005 at 22:17:45:

In Reply to: Re: Constant pain with calcaneous fracture posted by Denise on January 27, 2005 at 00:01:57:

The Silipos® Soft Sock™ is a two-layer sock carefully designed with a proprietary gel pad molded in between the two fabric layers at the sole to absorb and reduce friction, abrasion, shear forces, and moisture away from the foot. It is recommended for the diabetic, rheumatoid or insensitive foot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]