Foot Pain

Dear Doctor,

I have over the past 3 months changed jobs from a primary office position to a Wal-Mart position being constantly on my feet on concrete. It first surfaced as heel and ball pain and has progressed to a occasional sharp pain in the arch. I have extremely high arches. I have bought some "X-spring" shoes and have found that by changing between several forms of shoes it helps.

I consulted a foot doctor, whom said that my high arches were the culprits, and only especially made arch supports would give relief. Or, change jobs. He gave me a selection of foot stretching exercising to do. And suggested arch supports.

Can these arch supports at a price of $500 plus be that good? Or can a step gap measure be possible?

I experience the feeling of a sock wading underneath the sole, yet upon inspection the sock is smooth. And sometimes like the experience of a planters wart in a certain point. Yet upon inspection none is there and no sensitive point to the pressure to the touch. Only when wearing any shoe.

I would appreciate your consult, explanation and possible relief.

Posted By Richard McLaughlin on May 22, 2005 at 04:19:14:

A layer of gel combined with a foot cover to help protect metatarsals and toes from friction and pressure. It also ideal for cushioning the ball of foot and provides warmth for people suffering from arthritis or poor circulation to the toes.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]