1. Night splints---unknown if it helps or not much difference between wearing them and not.
2. Taping using the low dye method---50% reduction in pain
3. Physical Therapy
5. Custom Orthotics ($480.00)---pain is worse, no warranty (GRRRRRRRRRR)
6. Medrol Pack---did not help my feet and made me very unlikable for about 4 days
7. X-rays---everything is normal
8. Nerve Conduction study---all normal
9. Daily icing and hot packs on feet. (I alternate back and forth several hours each day)
10. Birkenstock foot beds---these have helped more than anything.
I can walk on a concrete surface for about 40 min before the pain becomes unbearable
Using trekking poles I can walk a couple of miles before the pain forces me to quit
My doctor says that there is nothing else that can be done to get me back to my job.
He has told me that I am not a good candidate for surgery due to weight and the intense level of activity related to my work.
I have a family and am at my wits ends as to where to go from here...
Any help would be appreciated